Friday, August 24, 2007

Welcome

Greetings! I’ve created this blog to help assist soon-to-be brides (and their grooms) with their wedding photography choices ... especially with regard to what I have to offer should you choose me to be the person to record your images for the day. Choosing the right photographer is of utmost importance to a bride & groom since your photos will be the only tactile images you will have left to remind you of your special day. You may have some video images recorded as well. However, video is no substitute for the heirloom wedding photo album that you will pass on down to your children and their children.

Thus, whether we have or haven’t had our first face-to-face meeting yet, I hope postings to this blog will help impart to you who I am and what I have to offer you as your wedding photographer.

I am also of the opinion that your photographer should be someone who you trust as an artist and with whom you feel at ease. When you hire your photographer, you are trusting that one person to capture the mood and emotions of these irreplaceable family memories. You want to save the events of the day and play them again in your mind when viewing your wedding album a year from now as well as 50 years from now.

Your other vendors will supply various goods and services needed throughout the day. Many of them won't even be at your wedding. But none of them will share the kind of time with you that your photographer will. Your photographer will be with you almost from the start, until the end of the day. In my opinion, your photographer has to understand you and what you want. He or she needs to be a person with whom you can feel completely at ease.

This is not to say that your photographer should be around you during EVERY moment of your wedding, but he or she should be there at the RIGHT moments.

So stay tuned to this blog as I share who I am, how I work and what I have to offer you as a photographer. It is my hope that after reading several entries to this blog, you will come to say, “Yes, I think Dave should be our photographer.” OR … “Well, I don’t think Dave is going to work for us.”

Why that last part??? Let’s face it, you first need to choose the right partner for life. You then need to choose the right photographer to capture your wedding to that partner. If I’m not the right person to photograph your wedding, I DON’T want you to choose me. We both need to be happy with our choices to partner in capturing YOUR day on film.

So first make sure you are choosing the right person to be your life long spouse, then make sure you are choosing a photographer who will best capture the moments of your day as you want them to be captured.

So read on, and let’s see if we are a match.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It’s great that you are doing a blog! Since you are our photographer of choice for our business and all other things (family pictures, parties, etc.), it’s my hope that this blog will help others to decide to use you as well! Looking good!

Dave said...

Thanks, Carl! It's been a pleasure providing the photography for your family and your business needs. I suppose as I do for you, I should consider offering VR photography to my clients if they are interested in such for a wedding. Might be interesting for a bride and groom to have a VR tour image of their reception or even the church. Hmmm... something to think about.